Mercer County offers many recreational choices
Whether it's fishing, hunting, golfing, boating, motocross or playing, you can do it all in Mercer County. Near Lake Sakakawea, which stretches more than 180 miles, Mercer County offers premiere northern pike, salmon, sauger and smallmouth bass fishing. Rolling prairies and endless oceans of grain fields offer spectacular hunting opportunities. Mercer County offers motocross racing and boat and jet ski rentals at the many resorts that surround the lake. Come and enjoy the many recreational opportunities Mercer County has to offer.
- Lake Sakakawea State Park - Pick City: State Parks and Recreation unit on Lake Sakakawea provides boating, fishing, camping, picnicking, and swimming.
- Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site - Stanton: 1750 acre National Park Service unit at junction of Knife and Missouri Rivers provides interpretation of Plains Indian culture. Visitor center, with orientation video, museum exhibits, furnished earth lodge, and guided/self-guided tours to archaeological village sites.
- Cross Ranch State Park/Nature Preserve - Center: 500 acre State parks and Recreation unit of bottomland forest on Missouri River provides interpretation of natural resources. 6,000 acre Nature Conservancy preserve of bottomland forest and upland native prairie, with bison herd.
- Fort Clark Historic Site - Hensler: State Historical Society unit provides interpretation of Plains Indians village site and fur trading post, with self-guided tour.
- Missouri River - Pick City (Garrison Dam), Stanton (United Power Association boat ramp), and Center (Cross Ranch) State Park): World class fishing and boating, with camping, picnicking, and other developed facilities.
- Knife River - Stanton (Stanton City Park and Knife River Indian Villages), Hazen (Riverside Park), Beulah (Riverside Park), Golden Valley (Knife River Ranch): fishing picnicking and camping.
- Pfenning Wildlife Museum - Beulah: displays of wildlife from throughout the world.
- Dakota Gasification Company - Beulah: tours of the only coal gasification plant in North America.
- Coteau Properties - Beulah: Tours of strip mine that proides lignite coal to Dakota Gasification Company plant.
- Knife River Ranch - Golden Valley: private working ranch provides ranch participation, horseback riding, river activities, and hunting, with cabins.
- Nelson Lake - Center, ND: warm water lake provides fishing, boating picnicking, swimming, and camping.
- Lake Sakakawea - Pick City (Lake Sakakawea State Park), Hazen (Hazen Bay), Beulah, (Beulah Bay and Dakota Waters), and Zap (Beaver Bay): world class fishing and boating, with camping, picnicking, and other developed facilities.
- Missouri River Lodge - Rustic area Bed & Breakfast
- Crowley Flint Quarry Historic Site - also known as the State Historical Flint Quarry
- Mercer County Museum - "Keeping History Alive" 108 7th St. NE, Beulah, ND (701) 873-5070 Open Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. all year long; Memorial Day through Labor Day Open Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more information, Mercer County Tourism
1-800-441-2649 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org